A growing customer base means increased brand visibility and revenue for your online business, right? But what if your website does not possess the innate capacity to scale with this growth trajectory? Poor website performance followed by the immediate loss of sales, customers, and brand reputation will be the direct result. A prominent supplier of digital products and office supplies experienced this in real life when their eCommerce website flooded with a 70,000+ user base. Learn here, how AWS cloud migration helped them in overcoming these hurdles and achieving a remarkable 33% boost in orders.
The Downfall with the Increased Website Traffic
Hosting your website on the right platform can make a very big difference in the future performance of your website, especially if it is an eCommerce website. This digital product supplier realized it when their website started experiencing performance hiccups with a traffic surge of 70,000. HostGator being their preferred website hosting platform left them with limited storage, CPU power, and bandwidth.
As a result, when the number of users increased, their website could not handle it leading to slow loading time. In some cases, users cannot even access the website which forces them to move to other digital office product suppliers in the market. That’s not it! With poor performance, our client was not only losing the competition on the search engine but also facing business loss in the market. Their brand's reputation was gradually tarnishing. Faded customer trust, reduced customer loyalty and repeat business frustrated our client to quickly fix the issues.
A Journey to the Path of Scalable Success
Softude, the expert website development company in the US, came into the story before the client completely lost to their competitors. We knew that the solution to the performance and scalability challenges lay in harnessing the potential of cloud computing, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS). Migrating the eCommerce website to AWS was a strategic move that we made to offer unparalleled scalability, and reliability, and optimize the website’s performance. We took the following steps for AWS cloud migration:
- Assessment and Planning: We conducted a thorough assessment of the existing infrastructure, including the website's architecture, data, and dependencies. This step allowed us to create a comprehensive migration plan tailored to our client's unique needs.
- Selecting the AWS Environment: We opted for AWS because of its wide range of services, flexible scalability options, and robust security features. The AWS Cloud provided a strong foundation for our client's eCommerce platform to flourish.
- Data Backup and Migration: The crucial step of AWS cloud migration began with taking a full backup of the existing data such as customer data, product information, and transaction history. All the data was then transferred to AWS environment using cloud migration tools.
- Testing and Validation: Rigorous testing was conducted to verify the website's functionality, performance, and security in the new AWS environment. This stage allowed us to identify and address any issues before the site went live.
- DNS and Domain Configuration: Migrating the website also involved the process of updating DNS records to point to the new AWS resources.
- Post-Migration Testing: For the one last time, our team of experts tested the newly AWS-hosted website to confirm the working of all the features and functionalities.
AWS cloud migration was not the only step we took to help our client. We also ensured that their eCommerce website never slows down even in the most unexpected scenarios. Therefore, our expert website developers implemented a disaster recovery architecture.
A Future-Proof Fix for Website Downtime
Disaster recovery architecture is a set of strategies, processes, and technologies designed to safeguard data and ensure the seamless operation of the website in the event of major disruptions. These disruptions could be hardware failures, cyberattacks, or other unexpected events that could lead the website to slow down.
Here's how this architecture worked:
Risk Assessment: First, we identified all the potential risks and vulnerabilities that could impact the website's availability and functionality. This included factors like hardware failures, server crashes, data breaches, or even large-scale events like power outages or data center failures.
Backup and Redundancy: To ensure data integrity and availability, we formulated a disaster recovery plan that included regular backups of all critical data and configurations. This ensured that if the website lost the data, it could be quickly restored for continuous business operation.
Failover Mechanisms: The architecture also included failover mechanisms, which automatically switch the website's operation to a backup system or server if the primary system experiences a failure. This minimizes the downtime experienced by users and allows the website to continue functioning without a significant interruption.
Replication: Data replication involves creating duplicate copies of data in real-time or near-real-time. This ensures that even if one copy of the data becomes inaccessible due to a failure, the other copy is available for use.
Rapid Recovery: In case of a disaster or downtime event, the architecture was designed to facilitate a rapid recovery process. This involved quickly restoring data and system functionality to minimize the impact on users and the business.
The outcomes of our efforts were nothing short of remarkable. Our client’s eCommerce website got a new life with our efforts.
- Now, it's strong enough to handle over 200,000 daily users, who do an average of 30-40 transactions per day.
- A staggering 90,000+ monthly orders, an achievement that underscored the site's newfound stability and efficiency.
- The website administrators rejoiced as report extraction speeds surged by 50%, streamlining their operations and enabling more informed decision-making.
- The true testament to the success of this endeavour, however, lay in the staggering 33% surge in order conversions. This achievement illuminated the profound impact of an optimized website on the bottom line.
- Beyond tangible metrics, the enhanced eCommerce site bestowed the business with newfound visibility into order processing, inventory management, and beyond.
- The once-elusive data became a cornerstone of informed business strategies, propelling revenue growth and fostering repeat business relationships.
The journey of our client exemplifies the transformative power of prioritizing eCommerce site performance. Through their collaboration with Softude and AWS cloud migration, they transcended challenges and reaped the rewards of a well-optimized platform. More orders, better user experiences, and a stronger backend have paved the way for their future growth in the dynamic world of online commerce.
So, if your online business is also facing scalability challenges then opt for Softude’s AWS migration services.